Thursday, March 12, 2009

Last night and this morning

I turned into miss weepy last night. I haven't cried much in the past year or so and I think I will blame the hormones. I am sure I am going through or passing through a phase in where you feel alone - like it's all happening to YOU and no one else knows what feelings are going through you.

Well, D had to sit and listen to all my worries, my feelings and finally I just told him that I would just have to be more outspoken with him and not try to hide any feelings - because I tried yesterday, and only one day made a HUGE burst of feelings pile up and fester.

Now I know. He gets to hear about it all. He did say that my excitement and talking about the baby makes it that much more exciting and less worrisome for him. (OMG, he opened up!)

This morning I ate a sugary cereal. I couldn't help it. But, I think I learned my lesson that I should eat breads to keep me from feeling nautious. I brought some Ritz with me to work :-)

Ah, and here are the colors we are pulling from - mostly - in this image you can see the different autumny colors. The top left vines have that purple color - not sure what to call that. But that may end up being the main accent color. The walls int he room are already that light buttery yellow color and we'll stick to that. The blues, greens and browns will be the supporting colors. We plan on garage sale hopping, going to auctions, etc. to find furniture. I will be borrowing my moms sewing machine to reupholster or make my own baby bedding, etc. I am excited that Sharon would like to make a quilt! If this picture helps any, that is what we are looking for. I can also go find the fabric for the quilt and try to match it with any curtain fabric (i plan on making my own).

This picture also has that purple/mauvy color.

2 comments:

Aspen said...

1. HUGE stuff has happened lately, so even if you weren't hormonal it'd be a lot to deal with... talk about an emotional roller coaster!

2. You ARE hormonal, and with extremely good reason!

3. PURPLE! And one of my favorite shades to boot!

4. I do worry about you when I know you're bottling stuff up cuz let's face it, it all comes out sooner or later. I really think sooner is usually better for everyone (and healthier for you).

5. You're one of the strongest people I know and I don't think you realize that. I believe you can do anything you set your mind to.

Sharon said...

Soda crackers on the nightstand. Eat one or two slowly before you even raise your head off the pillow. Dr. told me that and it worked!

Regarding the quilt, if you do pick out fabric you like, I can incorporate it into the quilt. Let me know.
sasimpson9(at)eot.com