Monday, January 11, 2010

Month 2 Doctors Visit (9 weeks)

Landyn,

Today was a few firsts.

This morining was your first day at the daycare. I have dreaded this day, thinking up horrific things that could go wrong or make you not succeed as well as other children. Yet, I know I need to go back to work and I did get 9 weeks with you, where other mothers may only get a month or less.

The daycare is fine, it's an old house, but I felt confident in the older woman who was there today, she picked you right up and kept you close. She listened to all my wierd concerns and read my note I had made with things I felt *had* to be known in order to take care of you. I am a bit of a worry wart, but I love you so much, that It just hurts to think someone else is going to get all those wonderful moments and I will miss them. Dad says that I moaned in my sleep all last night, and I do believe him, I was anxious all weekend.

After I picked you up at noon, you, me, and your father went to QDoba, saw some of my cowrokers there and Lisa E. We then dropped Daddy back off at work and we went to the clinic for your 2 month visit. Here are your latest vitals:

1/11/10
Age: 2 months
weight: 12lbs 13
Height: 24 1/2"
Head Circumference 16 1/4"

You have been growing well!

You did get your shots today and I am SO sorry. The nurse was very quick and tried to make it better for you, 2 in one leg and another in the other side. The first needle, you looked surprised, but as soon as that second needle went in, you little face scrunched right up and you cried something fierce. I could tell that was a different cry - could tell that it was pain =(
I picked you right up and held you until you just sniffled and looked at me all sad.

Uh, Daddy is home, time for family snuggles.

Love, Mama

No comments: